Thursday, March 30, 2023

Luke 22:47-53,63-65

 I struggle every single time I get to this portion of the gospels. In both my personal study and each year in our Lent study. I want to look away. I want to skip the ugly part. It is so hard for me to process that this was done on my behalf. I break every time. It is humbling and horrible and gloriously beautiful all at once.

Today the church in America likes to skip the hard parts. We edit out or water down the parts of the Bible that do not fit the normative. Because of that, we have become feeble, confused and half hearted. We do not see the depths of our sin so we struggle to understand the incredible moment when Jesus dies the perfect death, the sacrificial lamb. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

No comments:

Post a Comment