Monday, March 6, 2023

Luke 12:22-34

Read: Luke 12: 22-34
This passage is always one to cause me pause. I am a fairly anxious person. It can be very easy to quickly be consumed by what-ifs. Pausing to hear Jesus' words today though bring the gentle reminder...therefore do not be anxious...This is a command and a promise. The therefore is based upon who God is. Not my circumstances, not my provisions, not what lies ahead but the God of the Universe who knows me and sees me. Everything in my life will be done for my good and to His glory. The ultimate comfort comes from the perfect Comforter. He is, He was and He will be. 

Its funny in a not so funny way when you think particularly about our American culture. We are literally obsessed over what we eat and what we wear. It is probably some of the most consuming thoughts and actions we have. What we do and what we don't. A vicious cycle never letting us get out of our own way to greater things, namely the Kingdom of God. I have been thinking of this quite a bit as I have immersed myself in the study of contentment. John Piper wisely states, " God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." How true is this. All of my anxieties can become breeding grounds to sin and misery. Its an easy place for Satan to prowl and devour. But oh, that our longings would be Christ! That our satisfaction would be Christ! And may our deepest desires be Christ!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment