Thursday, July 2, 2020

Who for the joy

James 1:1-4

Today has been the struggle bus for me already. Actually this whole week has been. I find myself...in trials; and despite this study I find myself not responding with consistency in joy. Anxiety, yup. Fear, why certainly! Lack of trust...yup. 

Joy- there are glimmers when I slow down to remind myself of who God is- but this is not my steady pattern. And I am suffering through it. 

Today in my quiet time I was reminded of God's goodness and care for us. Reminded that He loves us and is our steadfast rock and our redeemer. Psalm 94 reminds me, "When I thought, "my foot slips," your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up...When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."

When I was scrambling God settled my heart through his word. He doesn't make us finish out the current trial in whatever sinking state we are in, he declares He is good and enough- and to return our gaze to him! 

And let steadfastness have its full effect...I am feeling this so much. It is a magnifying glass sometimes to every way I DON'T trust in God during trials. My what ifs conflict with His I AM's. It can be a very vulnerable place to be. Especially for doubt to creep in. I realized this week- and many others lately I pray without expectation, and then am shocked when God answers. Its humbling to even say that out loud. Do you ever find yourself in that? Praying but then surprised that God hears our prayers?

Colossians 1:11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy...

This is my prayer for us as we journey through James and as each of us face trials of our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment