Thursday, June 18, 2020

Pure and vain religion

Good morning!

As we read through James I am amazed at the richness and relevance of the book. Today as we read through, think through and jot notes on pure and vain religion. What James writes about as a faithful witness and what is not worthy of the Lord. There is A LOT packed in. As I read, a million times over I am convicted of things in my heart, mind and on my tongue that must change. We are living in a world where everyone has the ability to have a platform...may our platform be Christ. 

Today's meditation: If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. James 1:26

OUCH. AHK. UGH. This can be me at times, heart breakingly so. Our bridle must be His Word so that we are guided by truth and profess truth. Nothing else can speak into a situation with peace, comfort and love than the very Words of God. If scripture is God-breathed, we then have the ability to speak that into situations. The way for this to occur effortlessly is to be saturated by the Word. Not my social media, not the news, not Instagram or paraphrased efforts of truth- but the Word of God. Living and Active. 

This is an article by Mark Dever of 9Marks which I found incredibly helpful about my online comments.

Worship for the day: His Mercy is More

No comments:

Post a Comment