Friday, June 19, 2020

Last read through

Good morning!

     Today is our last read through. I have to be honest here. It was SO hard for me to sit and read this morning. I woke up late, meaning some of my kids were waking up with me, needed to get breakfasts and work lunches gathered; assist a cranky 6 year old with every life dilemma possible, and found myself frustrated. It is a reminder to me how much I have to be purposeful to be in the word. And not just in it- but immersed in it. I must have read the same sentence 12000 times today. I felt like it would be impossible to actually gather anything from my time in the Word and prayer. In fact as I write this my youngest hasn't stopped talking to me. And now my eldest. 

    So today I want to offer the gentle hope that we just need to be in His Word. Be purposeful, be present in it. Today, at some point find the time to sit and read through the book of James. Or listen to it. Monday we will start James chapter 1 which I think I can safely say we will be in for several weeks. 

Meditation for the weekend: Know this my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Worship Song: God the Uncreated One

1 comment:

  1. I first read it through in the ESV. Last night I read it in The Message - so powerful!

    ReplyDelete