Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Before we get started!

I am both excited and terrified as we begin our journey to the Cross and Resurrection. The more I study the more I am acutely reminded how unqualified I am for this. Yet, with fear and trepidation I will approach the scriptures and share with you, my sisters!

Lent begins tomorrow. It is something that I do like to observe- not because I think it'll make me more right or holy before God, in a works based sense; but as a way to clear clutter and focus my eyes on what lies before me. (Although this should be done year round). If you are considering lent, consider it but remember to do it in secret; to not do it for personal gain; to consider it a private sacrifice and to do it with joy and love. Typically I will consider things I feel hinder me from time with the Lord; and cut that.

Prepare your hearts and minds by being determined to meditate on the Word of God. Pick out 1 or several passages to commit to heart this journey. Write them on notecards and stick them everywhere.

I am going to be pulling a lot of information from 1) Scripture! ;) 2) The Gospel of God by R.C. Sproul, 3) Romans 1-8 New Testament Commentary by John MacArthur, The New Testament Commentary by John MacArthur; sermons from R.C. Sproul, Joel Sedam, John MacArthur, Steve Lawson, Paul Washer, and Sermon Audio featured preachers.

And just a forewarning as we jump into Genesis tomorrow... prepare your hearts to be set ablaze for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In the few weeks have immersed in this, I am both dazzled by the Love of God and humbled at the cost of my sin.

I also hope to ask Bruce to make a playlist of worship music for this series- we will try and link it through Youtube later this week.

Blessings and grace,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment